- Irritants: chemicals, weather (hot and humid or cold and dry conditions) and air conditioning or overheating, tobacco smoke
- Allergens: house dust mites, molds, grasses, plant pollens, foods, pets and clothing, soaps, shampoos and washing detergents
- Dry, red, patchy or cracked skin
- Can appear on any part of the body
- May be weeping/oozing or have yellow/brown crusting
- May be itchy
- Overheating during sleep due to temperature or synthetic fibers
- Body temperature fluctuating – sweating and cooling quickly
- Synthetics fibers irritating skin through chemicals, or by containing sweat on skin
- Scratching itchy skin overnight
- Soothing, chemical-free natural fibers are soft against the skin and won’t irritate sensitive or weeping eczema patches
- Natural fibers improve breathability and disperse moisture on the skin, to keep your little one’s body at an even temperature no matter the season. Our natural fiber products are TOG rated for warmth, ensuring your mini will be comfortable and safe all night long.
- Our sleeping bags and layers provide coverage that can stop your child from directly itching their skin
- Allows skin to breath
- Regulates body temperature
- Reduces chances of overheating
- Reduces eczema flare-ups
- No toxic chemicals against your child’s skin
Here are the facts so you can make your own informed decision. The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) reviewed numerous studies and reports on infant tragic sleep events and came up with the following recommendations. They apply especially within the first 6 months and up to 12 months of age. According to the AAP, the safest place for babies to sleep is: on their own sleep surface (i.e. in their own bassinet, crib etc) within sensory range of the parent (i.e. within range to hear, smell and be aware of the parent).
We are so proud to partner with Babylist to help expecting parents curate their perfect baby registry gift list. We love that Babylist takes a lot of the stress away in preparation for your baby, their aim is to connect expecting parents with the best & most reliable babywear in the industry and simplify the journey with personalized and unbiased support for all parents. You can now add ergoPouch products to your Babylist registry directly from the ergoPouch website from every product page!
Congratulations on your pregnancy, what an exciting adventure you are about to embark on! As you get closer to your due date, you’re possibly pondering (fretting) over what to pack in your hospital bag as all new mums do!